Harakat funded School of Accounting at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) makes progress
Harakat funded the establishment of a School of Accounting (SoA) within the American University of Afghanistan to train and certify Afghan accountants who will contribute to improving financial reporting and decision-making in both the public and private sector. Through developing auditing skills, the school will improve the integrity and reliability of financial statements based on international accounting standards. This project which started in Jan 2012 has had below achievement so far:
- AUAF has received the Authorize Learning Providers (ALP) golden membership from ACCA – UK.
- 27 students graduated from Accounting Major
- 1,229 students enrolled (678 ACCA and 551 FIA) from Jan-2012 to May-2014 and 35 students currently studying Paper 7
- Extension of SoA programs in three other provinces including Kandahar, Herat, and Nangarhar and will start soon in Mazar-e-Sharif.
- After conducting awareness sessions at the High Schools and universities, the total enrolled students have increased from 15 students to 1,229 from Jan 2012 to present
- Establishment of a Computer Lab consist of 31 computers for use to ACCA and FIA students